Η εταιρία Applied Weather Technology (STORMGEO) αναζητά έμπειρο και δυναμικό άτομο για τη στελέχωση του νέου της γραφείου στην Αθήνα. Η εταιρία με έδρα στη Silicon Valley στην Καλιφόρνια, αποτελεί έναν από τους κορυφαίους στον κόσμο ιδιωτικούς πάροχους υπηρεσιών σχετικές με τον καιρό, με ιδιαίτερη έμφαση στην εμπορική ναυτιλία.
Ακολουθεί η αναλυτική περιγραφή της θέσης:
Sales Manager – Shipping
Weather information and ship efficiency services
FLSA Status: Exempt, 100% FTE, 40 hours/week
Work Location: Athens (Greece)
Reports to: Dr. Nikos Mazarakis (info[at]meteomarine[dot]gr)
1. About Applied Weather Technology
Applied Weather Technology (STORMGEO) is a leading provider of shore-based ship route advisory services, on-board voyage optimization systems and fleet management systems. The company routes 50,000 ship voyages annually. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets. STORMGEO is headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley, with worldwide offices in the UK, New York, Japan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Korea.
STORMGEO is a member of the StormGeo AS Group. StormGeo is a global market leader, providing decision support services and products for weather sensitive operations. The group offers solutions in the offshore oil and gas, shipping, renewable energy, onshore business continuity, media and aviation industries. STORMGEO is the Shipping Division of the StormGeo Group and as such is able to draw on the full resources of the combined group, specializing in decision support for weather sensitive operations. The StormGeo Group is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and operates out of 25 offices in 15 countries. More information is available at www.StormGeoworldwide.com.
2. The Role
The Sales Manager will develop new accounts and grow existing customers for StormGeo in the assigned region through strategic prospecting, relationship building and solution-selling to deliver STORMGEO solutions of valuable benefit to customers, in improving fleet performance, managing risks and ensuring safe operations, leading to reduced costs and/or increased revenue for customers.
- Develop qualified leads through cold calling, networking, published and Company sources.
- Territory US based customer: Build portfolio in South Europe (Greece)
- Segments: Shipping and Offshore not including fixed installation and slow moving
- Sell weather routing and efficiency services by establishing contact, developing relationship and proposing solutions to prospects, with complete understanding of solution benefits, features & pricing.
- Manage & grow assigned accounts by relationship building, challenging status quo, keeping track of business and market changes. Manage credit & collection.
- Track and update all sales and contract management information, from Lead/Opportunity to final contract specification, in Salesforce.
- Providing feedback to management on product improvements or new product requirements
- Assist management in reporting, executing sales plans and performing other ad hoc duties.
- Meet agreed financial & non-financial goals by aligning mutual interests of customers & STORMGEO.
- Increase number of new accounts and/or new services to existing accounts.
- Timing update of Salesforce and management reports.
- Improvement in the understanding of products, features, benefits and applications.
- Contribution to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Relevant knowledge of shipping industry & how STORMGEO services best match with customer needs
- Good presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Good business writing skills in English
- Effective communication at all levels
- Insightful in anticipating problems & needs
- Good quality and time management
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision & attention to details
- Good networking, social, and listening skills
- Outgoing, creative and work with passion
- Must be a team player and have good teamwork
- Proficient with MS Office suite
5. Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant knowledge of the shipping industry
- Professional sales skills and experience
- Higher education
- Solid communication and presentation skills, and strong command of business principles
- Self-driven with close attention to details and the ability to effectively manage your own activities.
Competitive salary based on experience + commissions (sales targets, bonus program)